Copyrights – is the right to reproduce, to issue copies, perform in public, to translate, make adaptation, or sound recording or cinematograph film, sell, import or export the work exclusively. Copyright subsists in the following works:
a.Literary work: poem, story, novel, articles etc.
b.Artistic work: drawing, sculpture, architecture etc
The Copyright Services include:
- Copyright Application - We facilitate filing and prosecution of copyright applications at the Copyright Office.
- Copyright Portfolio Management – In periodic consultation with you we assist you manage all the Copyrights registered or pending according to their relevance with regards to the present and future aims and objectives of you company.
- Copyright Capitalization – We provide consultation regarding and facilitate Copyright Licensing Copyright Assignment / Sale
- Copyright Enforcement – In the event of unauthorized or unsolicited use such as infringement of your Copyrights we suggest and facilitate the most effective medium of law enforcement.
Fact Sheet on Copyrights
1. Essential of Copyright:
a.Original work – Copyright protection is granted for a work which is original.
b.Intellect and skill – the author should have expended intellect and skill in the creation of the work.
2. Applicable Law: Copyrights Act, 1957.
3. Who may apply: Application for registration of the Copyright can be applied for by the author/ artist/ programmer etc of the work or by the assignee of the work.
4. Term: Copyright shall subsist in any literary, dramatic, musical, or artistic work (other than a photograph) published within the lifetime of the author until (sixty years) from the beginning of the calendar year next following the year in which the author dies.
Resources on Copyrights (Source: WIPO)